About the Competition
The "Hong Kong Youth Science and Technology Innovation Competition" organized by the Hong Kong New Generation Cultural Association began in 1997 and has entered its 24th edition this year. This annual competition has become the largest academic science event in Hong Kong. With nearly 4,000 participants. The competition welcomes students, teachers and schools in Hong Kong's primary, secondary and junior high schools. The categories of entries include: science fiction, inventions, research papers, STEM activities, STEM teachers, STEM teaching aids and STEM schools. The "Science Fiction" category has been added to this competition.
- Advocate and promote STEM education, increase young people's interest in STEM and comprehensive scientific and technological qualities, and cultivate technological innovation talents needed in the 21st century.
- Cultivate young people's scientific imagination, innovative spirit and practical ability to meet the challenges of the future world.
- Guide young people to participate in research and invention and scientific inquiry from an early age, and cultivate interdisciplinary knowledge application and manual brain skills.
- Provide young people with an opportunity to demonstrate creative thinking and innovative design.
- Encourage and commend the schools, teachers, student organizations that actively promote STEM education, and contestants who have performed well in technological innovation.
All secondary schools, primary schools, kindergarten students, teachers and schools in Hong Kong
For teams or students representing Hong Kong in national or international competitions organized or co-organized by the Hong Kong New Generation Cultural Association, their awards (such as first, second, third or other representative awards) and relevant student information (such as name, grade and school name, etc.) will be archived in the "Education Bureau Hong Kong Outstanding Student Database" of the Education Bureau's Gallery for the public to browse after verification.