Secondary School Research and Invention
includes 5 subjects, all of them welcome junior secondary school students and the senior secondary school students. They can participate in research papers or inventions.
|Mathematics and Engineering||Chemistry and Materials|| Biology and Health|| Energy and Environmental Science|| Computer and Information Technology|
|applied mathematics||Mathematical theories and methods for the purpose of application, and the application of mathematics to the study of other fields of knowledge.|
|physics||Refers to the study of the principles, theories and laws of energy and its interaction with matter.|
|engineering||Refers to works that directly apply scientific principles to production and practical application; generally resulting in new technologies or products.|
|3.4.2.||Chemistry and Materials|
|chemistry||Refers to the study of the properties and composition of substances and the laws they obey.|
|Materials science||Refers to the research, invention or application of new materials.|
|3.4.3.||Biology and Health|
|biology||Refers to the study of plant and animal life.|
|health science||Refers to the study of human and animal disease, medicine and health.|
|3.4.4.||Energy and Environmental Science|
|energy science||Refers to the development and application of new energy.|
|Environmental Science||Refers to the study of pollution sources (air, water and land resources) and their control.|
|3.4.5.||Computer and Information Technology|
|computer||Refers to the study of computer theory or programs; the design of computer software and hardware.|
|Information Technology||Refers to the design and research of information systems and application software.|
- Participants in the research and invention category of the secondary school group can participate individually or in groups (maximum 3 people in a group);
- Entries must be completed within 2 years before the deadline for submission of this competition;
- The entire invention process must be conceived and completed by the contestant himself;
- The work must not violate the law or prejudice the public interest;
- The conference will not accept research papers that lack scientific principles and inconclusive;
- Works are not allowed to fill in the name of the tutor and school, otherwise the qualification will be cancelled.
Instructions for submission
- The entrant must add a photo of the entrant and the invention or a photo of the research process on the first page of the report.
- Submission Date: January 3 to February 15, 2022
- Submission requirements:
- i) 5 copies of the work profile,
- ii) 5 hard copy reports (can be Chinese or English)
- iii) Video clip of the introduction of the work (the time limit is no more than 3 minutes, both Chinese and English are acceptable)
- Delivery form: by post (subject to the postmark) or in person (Please noticeour address and office hours）
If you make it to the final
- The organizer will notify the entrants to submit additionalAbstract'selectronic version of the text file (.doc or .docx).
- Contestants must bring their actual works/models (if any) to participate in the general jury debate, and must show the research log to the jury;
- The actual entry/model of the entry must be clearly marked with the entry number and labelled with the entry, and should not be larger than 100 cm (length) x 50 cm (width) x 100 cm (height).